Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/04/2011

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)

I was really looking forward to this movie -- I'd heard all kinds of good things about it. Unfortunately, I saw it in my living room rather than in a theater wearing 3-D glasses, and I'm thinking that rather robbed the film of what made it so special to the first-round reviewers.

It was adequate, sure, but it wasn't original or very funny (a chuckle here and there was all I could muster) or transportive. I also found Jay Baruchel's vocal stylings as the hero Hiccup (um...har har?) less endearing than grating.

C-

Labels: , , , , , ,