Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/24/2011

Let Me In (2010)

Wonderfully quiet and unsettling -- I think it might actually be stronger than its precursor (which truly surprised me), even though there were a couple of less-than-perfect effects. I feel as though this iteration took pains to make sure I knew more about the who and the why, despite the very muted feel and sometimes near-silence of the action.

“Eat some now, save some for later...” Owen's singing of the jingle as bookends to the story was perfect -- the reminder that we're seeing a child, here; a child being drawn into something he doesn’t understand but that will now inform the rest of his years. It’s terrible and terrifying and so so sad.

B+

Labels: , , , ,