Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

10/15/2011

X-Men: First Class (2011)

I don't claim to be a fan of comic-book movies, but I thought the first three installments were fine. This prequel, however, felt very slight. The kids' powers (exception being Raven, the blue shape shifter) were laughably weird.

Fassbender is magnetically intense (good thing he's playing Magneto, eh?), but I'll wager he thought that the movie's tone would be more serious than it ended up being. And, oh wow, January Jones canNOT act. It’s a miracle that she does so well as Betty Draper. My guess is that it's the only role she'll ever get right.

C

Labels: , , , ,