Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/31/2014

Prisoners (2013)

Two girls are snatched off their neighborhood street and a slow-witted man is suspected briefly by the police but lengthily by the parents.

It was sadly predictable. Gary walked through the room about 30 minutes in and I said, out loud to him, “Got it. --Redacted-- did it and the suspect is --redacted--.” His reply was “what the heck are you talking about?” No matter, I just wanted it out there that it was obvious and derivative. And, yeah, my theory was right on the money.

Hugh Jackman did a great job of being non-Jackman-like, though.

C

Labels: , , , , , ,