Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/18/2015

The Skeleton Twins (2014)

Just as Maggie is about to swallow a fistful of pills, she receives the news that her estranged twin brother Milo is in the hospital after an attempted suicide, so she goes across the country to bring him back home to stay with her for a while.

I liked this movie quite a bit because it kind of mirrors the way I am with my siblings -- my sister in particular. Both “we’re all each other’s got” shorthand and the disappointment in parents that only someone who had that same parentage can share were personally familiar. But I was also impressed by the way the film captured that desire to be away from those who remind you of less-than-awesome times. Wiig and Hader were very good in these departure-from-comedy roles.

B

Labels: , , ,