Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/20/2019

Nowhere Boy (2010)

Teenage John Lennon is always in trouble at school and constantly trying the patience of his loving but stern guardian, Aunt Mimi. After the death of his uncle, he reconnects with his birth mother, who is thrilled to have him back in her life and teaches him to play the banjo. This leads directly to John heading up his first band.

Aside from the "oh hey! He's meeting Paul! And there's George!" moments, it's all pretty "meh." I think we're supposed to be moved by the hardships of poor John, but his life seems pretty good to me: he had a protective guardian and a free-spirited mother, both of whom loved him fiercely. That sounds like a pretty lucky boy to me.

C

Labels: , ,