Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/21/2020

Just Friends (2005)

When visiting online with my family, we had this question come up, "What's the funniest movie of all time?" When our secretly given answers were revealed, everyone had said "The Big Lebowski" except one, who claimed that this movie is the funniest of all time. And, while I love the answerer, the answer itself is just plain wrong.

I can only think of one moment in this film that got a chuckle from me, and it's none of the big, "wacky" segments, but a small one where -- after watching two brothers continually antagonize and pummel each other throughout the film -- we see them matter-of-factly say "love you, bro" without even thinking about it. But the rest of the film is just so one-dimensional. Everyone loves the nice and pretty girl. No one loves a fatty, even if they're kind and smart. And if you're sexy but shrill, you can be abused and mocked without a thought.

Either the world has evolved a lot in 15 years or this was never funny. I'm honestly not sure which it is.

C-

Labels: , , , ,