Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/07/2020

The Spiral (1978)

A stranger shows up at the base shelter for mountain climbers. He begs a place to sleep and some rope from the others there. He is also a complete twat to everyone. When he can't be found the next morning, a search party is sent out for him.

I admit that I was frustratingly confused for much of this movie. I think that he was a psychiatric patient who wanted to commit suicide, but I'm honestly not completely sure. What I do know is that this film's only palatable moments come from the decent people who choose to reach out to this prickly character even as he kicks out at them.

D

Labels: , ,