Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/20/2021

Blow the Man Down (2020)

After their mother dies, her two grown daughters assumed that their biggest hurdle would be figuring out what to do with the house and the fish shop she left behind. But when one kills a man in self-defense, they get pulled into the intrigue beneath the folksy surface of their small Maine town.

While I liked this quite a bit, it seemed to fall just short of being a home run. Near the end of the film, the sweet and perceptive policeman -- who'd been obviously smitten with one of the daughters throughout -- said "I don't like her anymore." And I kind of felt the same right at the end. It could've been great but it wound up being fine.

B

Labels: , , , ,