Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

8/13/2021

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

This picks up immediately after the end of the series: Jesse's in the car speeding away and toward what? Well, we finally find out. It's a nice denouement -- I was never bored -- but neither was I truly captivated. The story just felt so much smaller than I hoped it would. Just like in the series, small moments are spun into deep stories -- and I think that was the problem, ultimately. In a movie I want things to happen. Movies shouldn't be paced like shows.

Another thing: as with Better Call Saul, the obvious aging of the characters who are supposed to younger almost took me out of it, but I was just so glad to be back in the story that I worked to suspend disbelief. It was especially nice to see Robert Forster again.

B-

Labels: , , , , ,