Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/23/2024

Road House (2024)

The fight scenes are terrific. 

And I should probably stop this review right here because the script pretty much does as well. But I'll say a couple of other things: I like Gyllenhaal, but his role is seriously underwritten, along with Jessica Williams' -- and those are the two characters that interested me the most. Characters that got way too much screen time: spoiled rich boy Brandt, book store girl Charlie, and one-note (and that note was "crazy dialed up to 11") Knox. We had been looking forward to this ever since the trailer dropped a couple of months ago, so we were seriously disappointed.

C-

Labels: , , ,