Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/14/2005

With a Friend Like Harry (2001)

Young family man with the usual stresses -- not enough money, not enough time, meddling parents, etc. -- runs into an old schoolmate by chance at a rest stop. Although barely remembered, the friend invites himself and his girlfriend over for a drink (despite the fact that it's quite a distance out of his way), which turns into a few days' stay.

There's a sense of dread hanging over the proceedings...the feel is rather like that of "Spoorloos" (the original "The Vanishing"). You know something is going to happen, but you're not sure what. This film really knocked me out. The ending left me extremely satisfied -- and I'm still unsure of how I interpret it.

A

Labels: , , , , ,