Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/06/2005

The Family Man (2000)

A "what if" movie. Guy gets to see what his life could have been if he'd taken one different turn. The lovely thing about the set-up is that said guy isn't at all discontent in his current state. He's not in need of redemption, but he gets it anyway.

It's probably because I'm both extremely happy AND living the crappy-car-that-makes-embarrassing-noises and are-you-sure-we-can-afford-to-eat-at-Arby's life that I enjoy this movie so much. Though I'm sure no one's cruising my neighborhood in a Jaguar dreaming about someday getting to live in that pink house with the patchy lawn and old roof...I do firmly believe that if most people spent just one day in my shoes, they'd cherish the experience for the rest of their lives. Or at least pity us enough to write me a check. Either one would be fine with me.

B+

Labels: , , , , ,