Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/10/2006

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)

Even the ManBearPig skeptics will find it hard to dismiss the case presented in this film, the bulk of which is simply the "stand on a platform and narrate a slide show" presentation that Gore's been giving around the country for the last couple of years.

Gore is such a genial teacher -- so reasonable -- that it surprises the heck out of me that partisanship plays such a part in whether or not his message is heard. I don't, frankly, KNOW that the dangers are as severe as Gore says, but I do absolutely believe that HE believes it. I also believe that the personal changes advocated in this documentary certainly can't hurt.

Seriously. Stewardship is a concern of mine and should be for every fellow Christian. It's dismaying just how many of us prefer to be conservative in everything BUT environmental matters. How does that make any sense?

B+

Labels: , , , ,