Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/26/2007

Samurai 1: Musashi Miyamoto (1955)

About 10 years ago, I received a book for my birthday: 400 Videos You've Got to Rent! (yes, the exclamation point is actually on the cover). Because I've got a list-making/list-completing compulsion, this book has become a problem for me. You see, I've "GOT TO" watch the movies in this book. The ones I haven't seen are either in my Netflix queue or in my TiVo wishlist. I will get to all of these films. Why? Because I've got to.

So, I was pretty excited when TiVo informed me that IFC was showing the entire Samurai Trilogy -- all three of which are listed in the book and I've been unable to track down elsewhere. Unfortunately, the first installment was pretty "eh" and now my excitement has turned to "let's see if I can put off watching the other two until the TiVo gets so full they drop out of the Now Playing list and then it won't be my fault I couldn't see them."

Damn book.

C-

Labels: , , ,