Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

9/15/2007

Prime Suspect 7: The Final Act (2006)

I've loved Helen Mirren as Jane Tennison for 15 years, so I'm sorry to see it end.

This is a solid conclusion to the series -- though not, by a long shot, the best entry. Jane is her wonderfully flawed, still rather capable self. It's the story that doesn't rise to the occasion -- it's a pretty standard Law & Order-type deal. I do love me some L&O, but I was hoping for something more twisty or scary for the last chapter of the show.

The biggest complaint I have is that the ending seemed ridiculously rushed. I was actually confused for several seconds by the speed at which some scenes occurred.

B

Labels: , , , , , ,