Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

3/12/2008

Idiocracy (2006)

The Brawndo Advertisement made my younger son and me laugh so much that I wound up ordering an entire case of the stuff as a Christmas present for him (don't worry -- he only drinks like one a week). Later, I was showing the commercial to a few guys in the office and one of them said "oh, that's from that dumb movie." Until he said that, I had no idea that Brawndo wasn't a standalone product. Of course, I HAD to see the movie once I knew.

It's actually funnier than I expected. Utterly average guy and girl are put into a year-long sleep as part of an army human hibernation project. One year accidentally becomes one hundred and, upon waking, the two discover that they're the smartest people on the planet (here's why). No real surprises, but it's quick-moving and a generated a steady stream of chuckles.

B

Labels: , , , ,