Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

6/06/2008

Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

I wasn't sure it was a good idea to make a third "Ocean's" movie after the debacle that was the second...but damned if the gang don't pull it off! It can't come close to the party that was the first installment, but this is a heck of a lot of fun.

Objectively, I can see that the plot was unnecessarily confusing at times and that it probably benefits from Ocean's Twelve being disappointing. Let me explain that second point: hot high school prom queen gains 100 pounds by the five-year reunion and loses 50 of it by the tenth-year get-together. Those who attended the first reunion think she now looks AMAZING. Those who skipped that one but made it to the second think "what the hell? She looks frumpy compared to last time I saw her!"

B

Labels: , , , ,