Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

7/30/2008

Shooter (2007)

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie, but my expectations were really low, so that's not saying much.

Mark Wahlberg's a former marine sniper who has retired to a solitary life in the mountains with his dog. When he is sought out in order to help foil a plot to assassinate the president, he reluctantly agrees to help but is doublecrossed (it's all in the trailer, people - I'm not giving anything away).

He spends the rest of the movie on the run, trying to get back at those who set him up. It's not bad, but it's nothing special either. You can find most of the pieces of this movie done better in other movies.

B-

Labels: , , , ,