Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

4/18/2009

Splinter (2008)

A helluva great low-budget monster/horror movie.

There's lots of believable character behavior as a hijacker and his two hijackees find themselves trapped and working together against their confusing enemy. Short run time and a fantastic creature -- I'm going on record with the opinion that nothing's scarier than a put-together-wrong PERSON -- make this a winner.

So good I sat through it twice in the same night: the first time alone and then I talked it up so much that Gary and my younger son decided to watch it. I tried to leave the room, but eventually I just gave up and sat back down.

A-

Labels: , , , ,