Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

12/20/2009

Rear Window (1954)

I'd guess this is my eighth viewing -- but I can quote huge sections, so that's probably a conservative estimate. This time I was introducing my younger son to this near-perfect movie.

Simply put: it's one of my favorites. Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly, and Thelma Ritter make a terrific trio as, respectively, a restless photographer with a broken leg stuck staring out of the window in his stuffy apartment, the society belle hopelessly in love with him, and his no-nonsense nurse.

Even if they never saw anything interesting through the window, I think I'd still enjoy a couple of hours in the company of these characters (and actors). Funny, romantic, and suspenseful -- a treasure.

A+

Labels: , , , , ,