Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/20/2010

The Hurt Locker (2009)

This movie made it finally, for the first time, "click" for me how someone could need to sign up for another tour of duty even if 1) they're not mentally insane (see, I disagree that the lead is an "adrenaline junkie") and 2) they don't necessarily believe in the reason for the conflict.

The film did a great job of putting us in the mindset of a soldier who is expected, daily, to willingly go into dangerous situations for people who rarely want their help. Though the situation is beyond disheartening, I'm appreciative of the film for helping me understand those living in it.

A-

Labels: , , , , ,