Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/13/2010

Troubled Water (2009)

I think this was an accidental addition to my Netflix queue as I don't remember knowing anything about it ahead of time. Perhaps I meant to type "Trouble the Water," in hopes of seeing that Katrina documentary, and wound up with this instead.

But I'm not sorry. This is a moody little movie about a parolee getting a job in a church, but still having to face those affected by his crime. It got a little too "yeah, right" near the end, but the emotions felt real, the story as a whole was strong, and it was all nicely acted.

B

Labels: , ,