Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/18/2011

Lebanon (2010)

I have no idea how much time had already passed for the four-man crew manning a tank in the First Lebanon war (1982). I also wasn't sure how much time was supposed to have passed over the course of the film. The unexplained timeline, claustrophobic setting and growing filth of the space, rather than making for a tense story, just became elements that added to my annoyance and confusion.

All of the men seemed to be losing their minds to some degree and I wasn't sure exactly why. It's hard to criticize it because, you know, war is hard and all that, but I just don't think this story was well-told.

C-

Labels: , , ,