Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

5/12/2016

Two Lives (2014)

When a lawyer starts exploring human rights violations regarding half-German children removed from their mothers during the second world war, one of those former children has her life upended. I’m pretty sure I knew what was going on before I was meant to and the whole thing felt a little light; the heaviest thing about it was its basis in fact. Although it was competent, it was also a bit too low-key.

Possibly due to the fact that I’ve been bingeing The Americans -- a similarly themed show -- with my husband, this film didn’t have quite the impact for me that it could have.

B

Labels: , , ,