Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/11/2006

7 Plus Seven (1970)

Watching this sequel to Seven Up! (especially right after the first, as we did) is jarring. I couldn't help but make mental predictions about how each child might be when we next got to see them...and I was just shocked to see how wrong I was in a few of my guesses.

Of course the children had separate personalities when they were just seven, but one thing they all had in common was a sense of excitement at being filmed. Now, however, some of the young teenagers have changed their minds on this point and are quite a bit less animated in the interviews. This is incredible stuff.

B+

Labels: , , , ,