Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

11/14/2007

A Mighty Heart (2007)

Oh my word. This movie has been praised so much that I almost felt as though I must be watching the wrong cut of the thing. I found it incredibly boring, rather confusing, and tremendously anti-climactic. I was also less-than-impressed with Angelina Jolie's performance -- it was one of those "I can see your acting going on" deals.

And this is kinda stupid, but it really bothered me. Mariane (Jolie) always had her hair pinned up. I know it was a wig -- but couldn't they have made a second "loose" one for sleeping and bathing? No one NEVER takes their hair down. It was just one more thing about the movie that felt false.

C-

Labels: , ,