Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

1/19/2008

La Vie en Rose (2007)

Well, the make-up is amazing. They took this girl:
and turned her into this:
But, in the end, it's one of those "I have talent, so I'll be a selfish diva around whom the world revolves" stories. I don't much care for those.

I also didn't care much for the fact that almost every scene was out of order. We'd go from 1959 to 1916 to 1963 to 1940 and back again to wherever with no real reason that I could see other than it probably seemed edgy to do so. All it actually did was keep me a little confused about where we were in the story.

C

Labels: , , ,