Critical MeMe

Time spent watching films, even crappy ones, is time well-spent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, United States
    Post dates are when I watched, parenthetical dates are the year of US release (aka Oscar eligibility).

2/24/2010

Avatar (2009)

Just what I thought it would be: style over substance.

The style is impressive, to be sure, but the substance is predictable. And the story -- well, there's not much of it, so I'm not sure why it took so long to tell it.

The top three most hilariously dumb things (out of several):

3) the scratch-faced guy drinking coffee in the cockpit during the massacre -- uh, yeah. You wouldn't be excited/wound-up enough to put that thing down, bub?

2) the fact that his big ol' robot-monster costume had a big ol' knife in its fist rather than, you know, some built in Inspector-Gadget pointy deal, which would leave the grip FREE

1) "unobtanium" or, as I call it, "cantgetium." I mean, how lazy is that name?

C-

Labels: , , , , ,